Service is important to every sister of Kappa Alpha Theta. By joining our Alumnae Chapter, you will have a chance to learn more and be a Theta participant in community events.
San Francisco Food Bank | Thetas met at the San Francisco Food Bank for a day of service. We helped pack over 4,000 pounds of rice for distribution to food pantry customers in the Bay Area.
Toys for Tots | Spending the day at the Golden Gate Fields track was both fun and philanthropic for a number of Thetas who attended the Toys for Tots fundraiser. With the donation of a toy, Thetas gained free entrence to the park on Dollar Days while also helping ensure that Bay Area kids received gifts for the holidays.
Each year, in addition to Alumnae philanthropy events, Thetas join together to participate in events which have included:
- Walking in the Arthritis Walk for the Arthritis Foundation of Northern California.
- Serving as Court Appointed Special Advocates for Bay Area CASA programs.
- Fundraising and mentoring with City of Dreams.
- Working with Big Brothers Big Sisters to support programming.
- Membership in other philanthropic and service organizations, including Junior League, Spinsters of San Francisco, Bravo!, San Francisco Ballet Auxiliary, and many others.
Have a service opportunity for our chapter or want to get involved? Email Emily Brown, Philanthropy and Service Chair.